ANNOUNCEMENT

You will be redirected to my new blog at www.twinchocchips.blogspot.com in 5 seconds!

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

For over twenty years,

I tak pernah sekali pun rumah kena break in lo. I always watch it on television, seeing my neighbours kena, but I never ever ever ever kena before.



It was a normal day at work and Pao was with me.
Mummy was not around so Pao had to send me to work.
At 5p.m. sharp, we left office. Yea, we damn 'keng'.
All the way back home was a blissful one.



It was when we reached the doorstep, trying to open the door
that we realized, something is just not right. The doors were
properly closed but......





Pao: SHIT!!!
Ping: What?
Pao: I think our house kena break in *looking at the door knob being "kopek-ed"*
Ping: WHAT????OH MY GOD *started panicking*
Pao: Call....call...call Che... *hands shaking*
Ping: You can??
Pao: *fumbling with her handphone* Shit, shit, yea, I got it.
Ping: OH MY GOD OH MY GOD. *almost in tears*
Pao: Go get the guard.
Ping: OK.



This was what happened to our door.

And our grill.

So I ran all the way down to the guard house, alerted the guard and
ran all the way back up. I think I ran more than I did when I went for my
morning walk last Saturday. I was shocked, scared and very very very nervous.



Guard came, walked in, checked everything and my heart dropped on the floor. Literally.
The whole house was being ransacked. It might be an inside job, I don't know but
thank god I find my television and my computer sitting there quietly looking back at me.
I was so so so so so worried bout them. I jumped up and down trying too look past the
tall guard to check them out.



Then we proceeded to the rooms and found.....




Our undies everywhere. And POOF!! All my ang pow money clearly being taken away.

Mum's room was in a wreck too but we think that they went to the room last cause they did not lose much.

Granny's room. Less stuff, so less messy.

So my uncle came over and sis came back. I saw my neighbours walking out so I asked them about it but they did not hear anything. One was out and another one lady did not hear anything. We called police and waited for them to come over.

Then we went to the police station. Recorded our statement and was sent home to wait for them again at about 9p.m. As I had a bad stomach that afternoon, I had little lunch only. I was hungry but couldn't do anything. Police came over and took fingerprints. Just like CSI.

After the police left, we decided to clean up before our granny came back. They went on a holiday and has yet to find out about the incident. When mum came back, she told us she did not keep much and lost about few hundreds. Then granny came back, crying and she checked her cupboard. Her entire steel box consisting her money and jeweleries are gone. And the box is given to her by my late grandfather.

She cried the entire night and we had to comfort her. I am worried bout her the most as she lost quite a lot. Old people, do not like to keep money in the bank.

It was a very traumatizing incident that I kept myself awake the whole night as I can see the front door from my room. Whenever I fall asleep, I will jump up in fear. Wel.. literally.

I've never had my house broke in before and it was a traumatizing incident. I can never sleep in the room without worrying anymore. And now, everyone is a suspect. The guards, the uncle sending us food, the neighbours, one weird looking guy staring at us last night, some drug-addict look-a-like that Ah Ma saw and stuff.

DAMN MALAYSIA IS SO NOT SAFE!!!!!!! Crime rates are increasing daily. What is happening? How can we live in fear? In our own house, we cannot feel the sense of security. What can we do? Something must be done and it must be done QUICK!!!!!!!!!

The moral of the story is, SPEND YOUR BLARDY ANG POW MONEY OR KEEP THEM IN BANK!!!!

PS: If you are going to comment and say things like you guys should not have kept money at home and shits like that, SHUT UP! Wait till your house get break into and you felt nothing then come to me and start preaching me. At the meantime, SHUT UP!!!!

10 comments:

reddaisie said...

i like ur 'ps'... some tactless ppl might say that..hahhaha
kesian la kita roommate...no more happy happy..haihs... susah payah kita collect angpow

Mrs Chong said...

tactless and brainless people I shall say. Some people just do not have sympathy la. Will come and say shits like this instead of consoling.

I know we took things for granted but like we know we gonna get broken into. Some people will come in and act like damn smart like that. I tak suka, so PS first lo...

chunyiun said...

Well...my hse kena break in before also. not once..but TWICE!!...the 1st time..we were all sleeping in our rooms..the thief came in at nite..as our hse nvr kena break in b4..our things we just leave it all around the house...wat we lost was definitely more than RM10,000...we lost a notebook, 4 handphones, branded watch, my mum's handbag hich has cash, credit card and everything else..dat ws the worst break in ever!!...the police came n did the CSI thingy also la..haha..finger prints and stuff...

then 2nd time..i was in KL..so my room no one was inside...and all my things were everywhere lor..my expensive watch gone..my jade locket also gone...i think got a lot more things gone..but i have yet to discover them coz i dunno wat i have and wat i dont..Hahaha...but 2nd time, we did not lose as much as we did the 1st time lor...

so yeah, always keep ur things with u when u sleep...and when u go out, oh well, fix an alarm in ur house lor..we oni fix alarm after the 2nd break in..tak tau insaf lagi after the 1st...:P

Mrs Chong said...

chunyiun..haha...
yea yea...we changed a stronger grill d....we all apartment..u all double storey right????lagi dangerous....

as long as no lives were harmed la..but then kesian my granny....haih...teruk la these people...our things we dun leave everywhere but we keep a few stuff in the drawers la..they dun take big stuff though...

Our money little nia...but ah ma..kesian la..then summore feel very insecure...whole night kenot sleep...cuz scared...

Dragon said...

OMG!!! so sorry to know what is happening. celaka betul the person who did this. the worst part is your granny. hope she is ok now la.

9PEK9BO said...

So sorry to hear abt your misfortune and especially your granny's losses.
Yea..It's no longer very safe living in this country anymore..SAD!!
My sis got her necklace snatched in broad daylight as she came out of the car at the car-park near her shoplot apartment in Pandan Jaya not long ago. Then 2 weeks back, her handbag was snatched as she was climbing up the stairs to her apartment!

Mrs Chong said...

crazy isn't it????

Haih...So terrible lar...
And they ask girls not to bring handbags...but then so many nice bags out there and once in a while, we tend to neglect our safety and bring them anyway.

Girls can never carry all their stuff in hand only...

Anonymous said...

hi.. so sorry to read abt this... it's true, malaysia's no longer safe anymore...
a few yrs ago, my house in AS was ransacked too, in broad daylight, during lunch time when my parents went out to lunch... i was working in pg then... the pencuri went in through the roof, can u imagine that???
parents lost a lot, cash & jewellery... even a bagful of RM1 coins.. all our jewellery gone as my mum didnt hv a safe deposit box then...
neighbours all around said they saw nothing...
we then sold off the house & bought another... didnt feel safe anymore...
i really feel sorry for ur grandma though... better accompany her these few days as she may still feel insecure...
anyways, take care & i hope the police can do something for once...

Mrs Chong said...

dragon: yea yea..thanks for calling anyway...

cuddly: yea...they seem to be rather serious..but we dunno right???maybe acting nia...tak tau la... =P

chilicandy said...

kesian....

hope ur family and u will recover quickly from this bad incident oh!

take care!

Visit http://www.themanni-queen.blogspot.com/ for nice dresses.