ANNOUNCEMENT

You will be redirected to my new blog at www.twinchocchips.blogspot.com in 5 seconds!

Saturday, June 27, 2009

I will be a bad mom

What I cooked for lunch?

Pasta Salad.


Ingredients
1. Pasta
2. One whole tomato
3. Mixed vege / carrots / whatever you like.
4. Thousand Island sauce
5. Quarter slice cheese that you've been trying to finish the whole week.
6. Heh bi (Udang kering/dried shrimp). DON'T ASK WHY, I DON'T KNOW.



So I guess the one thing that will probably raise your eye brows is you WHAT THE *TOOT* is the heh bi doing there? Well, I innocently thought it is a type of seafood (shrimp what?) hence has protein in it. Then I thought it'll be plainly veges and carbs and I need protein so I boiled it as well.

Guess what? Don't put heh bi. Just eat it without the so-called protein. Doesn't make a different. Without the 'protein', it would have tasted fantabulous. But I ate it all. And please, just put in sausages if you want to. Even if you had some for breakfast. JUST DON'T PUT DRIED SHRIMP.

ps: I am not going to be a good mom. =(

****
On the side note, grandma cooked this two by request yesterday. Yumness.


Sambal Ikan. My favourite. It has been quite some time since she last cook this. But I love the spicy and sour taste. The gravy goes best with rice.


Ko Tao is actually mee sua, prawn, and tapioca flour I think. Double yumness. You can eat it on its own. There's two type of Ko Tao/Mee Sua Tao. My grandma's version is thicker whereas you can get slightly more watery one outside that tasted as though you are eating sharks fin. That one is best with black vinegar.

4 comments:

Doralin Lee said...

Hahahaha!!!! Salad with he bi!!! Sounds so silly and sure taste funny one.First time I heard about it, nice try cuz! Ping, I have a better idea, next time you should mix 'kiam hu' and some slices of century egg and fried anchovies, sure finger likin good one. Hehehe!

weiwei said...

add mai kiam ark nui wtf

Mrs Chong said...

Doralin: HAHAHAH I think it's bad enough with heh bi...I dont need those kiam hu and friends. XD TASTE SUPER WEIRD K???

Weiwei: That day step not enough ar??? Moonwalk me till today. It was just a small innocent mistake okay????hahahahha

buncit said...

Guess this comment come in 1 year 7 months and 23 days late..=)
Your gonna be a great mom..I'm sure of it,no doubt.

Visit http://www.themanni-queen.blogspot.com/ for nice dresses.