ANNOUNCEMENT

You will be redirected to my new blog at www.twinchocchips.blogspot.com in 5 seconds!

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

The Forgotten Ang Pow

"Hey, you got your ang pow from ah ma already?" I asked as I woke up on the second day of Chinese New Year.

It is unlike my grandmother to forget to give us ang pow on the first day of Chinese New Year. Every year, she would do it early in the morning as soon as she wakes up. This year she stayed over at my aunt's.

"Yes, I got mine. Why?" my sister asked half-heartedly. She was getting ready to go out again.

"I haven't got mine! Has che che got hers?" I asked again.

"I think so. Ah ma gave it last night while you were busy playing with the dogs. See, told you to stop playing with the dogs," she said, sounding ever so sarcastic.

"Are you sure?" I hurriedly got off my bed and went to my eldest sister's room.

"Che, you got your ang pow from ah ma already?" I asked even before she open her eyes.

"Yes," she answered in her sleep.

"She forgot mine already," I mumbled under my breath.

"Why girl? Why looking so sad?" asked mummy who just got into the room.

"Ah ma forgot my ang pow I think. I am too embarrass to tell her about it," I grumbled softly.

"I'll tell ah ma okay? I think she must have missed yours with so many grandchildren now," mummy said, hurriedly went to Ah ma's room.

From far, I could hear mummy say, "Ah Mak, you forgot to give Ah Girl ang pow."

A smile was formed on my face. I may have grown up but that moment, I felt like a small kid again, feeling excited to get my ang pow.

No comments:

Visit http://www.themanni-queen.blogspot.com/ for nice dresses.